I’m fairly new to essential oils myself, but I’ve already had so many questions about them, so I figured it was worth a post. First, I have to admit that I’m fairly skeptical when it comes to these trendy, expensive things. But for a while now, I’ve been taking baby steps to make healthier choices for my body – eating less processed food, incorporating exercise into my daily routine, and being more conscious of ingredient labels – even in beauty products, etc. I’ve been amazed by how much these little things have changed the way I feel.
I’d heard so many success stories where essential oils were the hero, that I had to give them a try. So I purchased the Premium Starter Kit from Young Living. It is the best value and a great introduction to their essential oils line. It comes with their Every Day Oils kit (5 single oils: Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Melaleuca Alternifolia & 6 blends: Joy, Panaway, Stress Away, Purification, Thieves, Citrus Fresh), a home diffuser, a roller ball, and additional samples & info.
I’ve been amazed at how much I love these oils. Just yesterday, I woke up with a killer headache so I started diffusing Peppermint & Lavender; within 20 minutes, my headache was gone. Usually, on the day of a big deadline, I feel anxious and have stomach aches. This time, a drop of Stress Away on the wrists & the back of the neck and I was cool as a cucumber. Diffusing a little bit of lemon & peppermint in the morning helps with alertness and smells amazing. I’ll definitely be sharing more ways to use these oils on my blog & there is a plethora of information online.
Wondering how to order your premium starter kit?
1. Visit the sign-in page here.
2. Select your country and language preferences.
3. Choose the ‘Wholesale Member’ option. This allows you to buy at a 24% discount on future purchases.
(Don’t let that freak you out – just because you sign up as a wholesale member, doesn’t mean that you have to meet some minimum sales requirement or anything. While a wholesale membership does give you the option of earning commissions by sharing Young Living with family & friends, it doesn’t obligate you to anything at all.)
4. My ID should already be filled in for you in the ‘Sponsor ID’ and ‘Enroller ID’ fields.
5. Fill out your name, address, and contact info.
(The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living will never share this info with anyone.)
6. Agree to the terms & conditions.
7. Choose a username, password, and pin.
8. Now choose your starter kit. I think that the premium starter kit is the way to go because you get the Everyday Oils kit (usually $163) which gives you a great basic collection, and a home diffuser (usually $98) which we use every day now, along with all the other goodies I mentioned above.
9. When it comes to the Essential Oil Rewards options, just go ahead and click ‘No, thank you’. To be honest, I still haven’t quite figured this out yet. And I’m scared of automatic monthly shipments/charges…haha.
10. Confirm your order.
11. Yay! You’re all set. Proceed to wait by your front door for the UPS man to bring all the happy mail. 🙂
I’d love to help answer your questions & talk more about how we use essential oils! Just e-mail me at email@example.com.